We are recruiting for a Creditors Clerk for our client in Melmoth – KwaZulu Natal.
This position is responsible for the total accounts payable function. Ensuring accurate processing, record keeping and timeous payment of creditors. Managing an organised administration system. Constant communication with the financial team – teamwork. This position reports directly to the Financial Manager.
- Processing accounts and payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures
- Performing day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, posting and recording accounts payable data.
- Reconcile the accounts payable ledger to ensure that all payments are recorded and properly posted.
- Verify discrepancies and resolve supplier billing issues
- Generate financial statements and reports detailing accounts payable status
- Responsible for maintaining the asset register of the business
- Responsible for the administration of all insurance related tasks for the business
- Responsible for the administration tasks for the IT Business within the company
- At least Accounting to Matric and optional an Undergraduate degree in Accounting / Diploma in Bookkeeping
- At least 3 years proven working experience as accounts payable clerk
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping principles
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage account figures and financial records
- Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and accounting software (Pastel Evolution experience an advantage)
- Proficiency in MS Office
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail